Let’s face it, only a handful of us had the stomach for learning all the scientific stuff back in school by heart. But today’s topic will be easier to digest.
The Organic Remedies lays bare 17 jaw-dropping facts about our bodies that may still be hard to swallow, but you will absolutely be all ears to hear about them.
Take a look at the list:
1. You brain can generate enough electricity to power a small light bulb. Fact: natgeo
2. Human teeth are roughly as strong as shark teeth. Fact: science
3. Depending on its acidity, if your stomach acid made contact with your skin, it could eat a hole in it. Fact: howstuffworks
4. Apart from its inflammability, human hair is virtually indestructible. Fact: positivemed
5. Human can create up to 7, 000 different facial expressions. With all of the muscles removed, this is what would remain of our faces. Fact: Margo DeMello
6. Babies have over 60 more bones in their bodies than adults. Fact: wikipedia
7. The resolution of the human eye is estimated to be around 500 megapixels. Fact: clarkvision
8. An adult’s skin weighs around 8 kg or more on average, making up 16% of the total body weight. Fact: livescience
9. The human skeleton completely regenerate itself every 10 years. Since this is happening constantly you always have a blend of old and new bones in your body. Fact: howstuffworks
10. Our eyes stay closed for about 10% of our waking hours. That’s the time we spend blinking. Fact: smithsonian
11. Our kidneys filter all of our blood about 25 times a day, processing 180 liters of it altogether. Fact: howstuffworks
12. The pink corner of our eyes is an evolutionary remnant of the protective inner eyelid we used to have that is still present in bird and reptile species. Fact: wikipedia
13. The liver is capable of fully regenerating its original size even after removing as much as 75% of the entire organ. Fact: wikipedia
14. Your heartbeat synchronizes with the rhythm of the music you are listening to. Fact: scientificamerican
15. The same enzymes that are responsible for digesting our food will begin to digest the human body itself after death. Fact: scientificamerican
16. Some of the atoms in our bodies are actually stardust that is billions of years old. Fact: space
17. In an average lifetime, the heart pumps around 200 million liters of blood. That’s enough to fill approximately 1.5 million barrels.
Our bodies are amazing!